Welcome to the website belonging to Open Lex bvba/sprl, Rue des Pères Blancs 4 Witte Patersstraat, 1040 Brussels, Belgium registered with company number BE 0633.981.805, hereafter "lex" or ”we”.
1. What are cookies?
- Cookies are small data or text files that are placed by websites on your local computer, tablet, smartphone or other mobile device. These cookies can have a variety of purposes: for example, there are technical cookies (e.g. to remember language settings), session cookies (temporary cookies) and tracking cookies (cookies that track and retain details of what you do at the website so that the site can offer you a better user experience).
- In accordance with the opt-in rule, introduced by the revised ePrivacy Directive in 2009 and transposed into Belgian law, cookies (and similar technologies) can only be stored and accessed on your device (your laptop, computer, tablet, smart phone) after having obtained your informed consent. However, in two cases cookies are exempted from this informed consent requirement: when the cookies are used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network or when they are strictly necessary in order to provide the user with a service s/he has explicitly requested.
2. What do these cookies do?
- We wish to give you as much information as possible about this new legislation and about which cookies the company uses. Cookies help us to enhance your visit to the website, to remember the technical choices made (such as a language choice, newsletter, etc.), and to display more relevant services and content to you.
- If you wish to view the lex website properly, you are recommended to ‘allow’ cookies. However, if you would prefer not to, you are free to switch off cookies.
3. What sort of cookies do we use?
- To be able to view the lex website properly, we recommend that you activate cookies on your computer, tablet, smartphone or other mobile devices. If the cookies setting is not switched on, it is possible that we will not be able to guarantee a problem-free visit to our website. In the provision of services and content, we use both session cookies (that are used for carrying out transmission of a communication over an electronic communication network and cookies necessary for providing services requested by the user) and tracking cookies of social network plug-ins. We do not use advertising cookies.
- user input cookies;
- authentication cookies that are necessary for authenticated services;
- user centric security cookies, e.g. the data necessary for securing a service the user has explicitly requested;
- multimedia content player cookies;
- user interface customization cookies, for the duration of a session (or slightly more if additional information is provided).
When using our website, you explicitly agree that we can use the following tracking cookies of social network plug-ins:
- Google Analytics: these cookies allow us to record statistics and is an external tool helping website owners to measure how users interact with website content and providing visuals and reports on website visitors and their aggregated behaviour in order to improve our services.
- Intercom: Provides an external tool and API to tracking how user visit the lex website and obtain feedback in order to improve the personalised use of our services, provide support and customise the visit by strengthening it with custom messages.
- Facebook: This social media platform allows you to easily register or connect to our website. It enables you to share our company information overview and search results in your network. Facebook provides lex with aggregated overview of visitor patterns and profiles to improve and personalise our services.
- However, if you would still prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from lex, you can adjust your browser settings as set out below.
4. How can I manage my cookies
There are various options possible for managing cookies. Please visit the page in your browser to see how you can manage cookies: