Welcome to the website belonging to Open Lex bvba/sprl, Rue des Pères Blancs 4 Witte Patersstraat, 1040 Brussels, Belgium registered with company number BE 0633.981.805, hereafter "lex.be" or ”we”.
2. Your use of our website
Due to our general mission of transparency a large part of the information on the lex.be site is available without any need for personal details, nor registration. When you visit our website, we do retain the following data:
- Your IP address;
- All the information your browser client exposes during your visit on our website;
- The webpages you viewed on our website, and associated details;
- All data that you provided on a voluntary basis (e.g. name, email, telephone number, search information, and/or registration details in our forms, keywords configured to receive alerts).
We use this information for the following purposes, where necessary:
- in connection with the provision of services;
- administration, provisioning, billing and reconciliation;
- verification of your identity and solvency;
- maintenance, support and answering to your queries;
- product development and improvement of user experience and usability of our website and services;
- fraud detection and prevention;
- sales, revenue and customer analysis and reporting, market and customer use analysis, tracking usage of content on the website;
- updating you about new or updated services we provide.
- When you are asked to provide personal data, we shall process these personal data in accordance with the Belgian Act of 8 December 1992 regarding the protection of personal data and the principles of purpose and proportionality. This means that we shall only collect and process personal data for the purpose of providing services and content to you. In the context of proportionality, we shall ensure that the personal data we are collecting are sufficient, relevant and not excessive, given the purposes of the processing stated above.
- In the provision of the service, we shall only use servers in datacenters located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and shall not transfer your personal data outside the EEA without your prior explicit consent.
3. Our various security levels
- We undertake to implement sufficient technical and organisational security measures with respect to the protection of personal data against destruction, accidental loss and any non-authorised processing of data, and to prevent any unlawful access, use, alteration or misuse by third parties of personal data disclosed to us.In particular we use a variety of security levels that depend on your registration type and subscription plan for the products, services and subscriptions offered.
- Some content or services are provided at a higher level of security. In such case users of these services shall be invited to register or subscribe by disclosing certain details to lex.be. Lex.be undertakes the necessary measures in relation to these data in order to maximise the protection of your privacy.
4. Right of access, rectification and deletion
- As a natural person able to prove your identity (i.e. by sending us a request in writing, with a copy of your identity card) you will have a right to access, rectification and deletion of your personal data.
- You may withdraw consent by sending written notice to us for the use, processing or transfer of your personal data as set out above, unless it is required to (i) provision, manage, account and bill for the Services; (ii) carry out fraud detection; or (iii) comply with any statutory obligation, regulatory requirement or court or other public authority order.
- You can obtain additional information with the Commission for protection of personal data (www.privacy.fgov.be).
For all questions, feedback or comments regarding our privacy statement, you can contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By ordinary mail: Open Lex bvba/sprl, Rue des Pères Blancs 4, 1040 Brussels, Belgium.